Tuesday, June 30, 2009

CHUCK ZIGMAN OVERDRIVE: FOR SOME REASON, IT'S NOW HERE!


Hey, everybody!

I'm Chuck Zigman -- I'm a screenwriter (oh, God!) and a journalist and a published author (http://www.jeangabinbook.com/) and I live in Los Angeles, USA, the place that Peter Fonda affectionately refers to as "Smell-A," and I happen to agree with Fonda... although I kind of like L.A., too. (I'm from here, so maybe that's why I like it.)


For the past few years, everybody I know has been telling me that I should blog -- and I've been terribly resistant to it, because there's already so much writing on the internet (the internet has really de-valued writing, in my jaded opinion) and I always worry about adding more gibberish to the already over-stuffed 'net.


Anyway, I started to think about it: I already post little "Status Updates" on Facebook anyway, so I'm already part of the 'system,' even though I pretend I'm not. So I guess it hasn't been such a big stretch for me to start my own blog.


I guess I'll use this space to talk about anything that means something to me, and that means I'll do whatever everybody else does -- I'll rant about movies or politics or just "things that I experience/observe."


Who am I? (Not that you asked.) Born in Los Angeles (on the 4th of July), I attended undergrad film school at UCLA, and then I moved to NYC and attended graduate film school (two fun-filled degrees) at Columbia University. Spent two years as Professor of Film and TV (!) at Augusta State University in Georgia. For the past decade I've been back in my hometown of La-La Land, writing articles and researching writing my book, WORLD'S COOLEST MOVIE STAR, which was released in 2008. My book is about a famous French movie icon named Jean Gabin, who's kind of considered to be the French Bogart, or the French Spencer Tracy, and you can find it on Amazon. (At two volumes, 2 pounds per volume, it's heavy -- you can use it to weigh-down an area rug.)


More about me in another posting. This posting is just me dipping my long, hairy toe in the cesspool of blogging (yuck!), and so -- more later!

1 comment:

  1. Great start, Chuck! My wife, also a writer, recenly started a blog with a political bent -- totally different. Anyhow, I thought I'd set an example and start your following even though I don't know Jean Gabin from Bogart!

    ReplyDelete