Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to Elisa Evans, The Comedy World's Best-Kept Secret


This is Elisa Evans, American Humorist. If you know what's good for you, you'll start knowing her right now.


Usually, I use this blogsite, on the rare occasion that I actually add something to it, to put up random articles/interviews/stories which I've written. But today, I have decided to crawl out from under my rock of insane self-absorption and shift the focus over to another person -- namely, to my friend, Elisa Evans, whose birthday happens to be today, August 7th. (Happy Birthday, Elisa!)

Elisa is, basically, the entertainment world's best-kept secret. She's a great actor and writer, and she's "the comedian's comedian." Honestly, I can't figure out why she's not on t.v. every week, because she's about ten million times funnier than any of the people on "Saturday Night Live," "MAD TV," or "Hannity." I'm not Elisa's manager or agent, and she doesn't owe me any money. I'm just her friend and I decided that, because I have my own blogsite, it falls upon me to introduce you to her, if you don't know her already. And shame on you if you don't.

Here is Elisa in two sketches of her own devising, and she is both the writer and the star. If you want to see more of Elisa's work, you can go to her website, http://elisaevans.com, or you can visit her blogsite, http://estherrandolph.blogspot.com, or you can loiter around on her YouTube page. (Or: Because she's friendly, you could probably go to her house, as well, but I wouldn't advise it.)

First, let's enjoy Elisa in one of her six already-completed sketches (you can see the other ones on YouTube) in which she plays "ESTHER RANDOLPH, PSYCHIC:"



"Esther Randolph, Psychic: Aries" is Written by Elisa Evans, Directed and Edited by Joshua Taback, Photographed by Dave Ramos, and the Music is by Paul Oehlers.




And now, let's laugh it up with Elisa, in "THE SCHNEGEES FAMILY INTERVENTION:"


"The Schnegees: Family Intervention" is Written by Elisa Evans. It stars
Giselle Anthony (www.giselleanthony.com), Junko Goda, Joshua Taback, and Philip Newby. It's Directed by Dyer Evans, Photographed by Dave Ramos, and Edited by Josh Taback.

See? I told you. Elisa Evans is Utterly Brilliant.

Happy Birthday, Elisa!
http://elisaevans.com
http://estherrandolph.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Esther made me spit up my drink. I laughed so hard when I saw Aries. Check out Psychic Horoscopes with Esther Randolph- Gemini on You Tube - it's absolutely brilliantly acted and equally as funny!

    Marguerite

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Esther Gemini is hilarious except for the fact that my twin sister, Erica Randolph is in it and tries to steal the spotlight away from me!!!! No one outshines ESTHER RANDOLPH, WORLD RENOWNED PSYCHIC and lives to tell- no one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur. Esther Randolph rules! I can't get enough of this wacky broad. I think she's one of the most unique, funny and refreshing characters I've seen in a long time. I've yet to be disappointed with any of Esther's work. And I look forward to seeing the rest of this years episodes.

    I do think that Esther is too talented for just psychic readings. She needs her own sitcom so everyone can be exposed to the phenomenon that is Esther.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete