Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Guy Who Mugged My Dad on January 2nd


The Guy Who Mugged and Beat My Dad On January 2nd, 2010 in Los Angeles.


Hi:

I expected my new blog entry to be something about old movies or something; but life has just given me a topic, so let's call this posting a "special bulletin."

As some people already know, my dad, Bob Zigman, was mugged and beaten on January 2nd, 2010 during his Saturday morning walk. The police now have photos of the mugger, but still don't have his name. This happened near the corner of Santa Monica Blvd. and Doheny Avenue, close to Beverly Hills.

After the guy knocked my dad out and threw him in the bushes, he took my dad's wallet, and went on a shopping spree at a Walmart in Panorama City! The guy, all told, spent about $3,000.00 in more than ten stores. Weirdly: My dad's photograph was on the credit card; the people behind the counters must have been pretty dumb not to check the photo on the credit card against the guy buying the stuff. (This shows how dumb muggers are: If I stole somebody's credit card, I wouldn't waste it on Walmart; I'd go to a high-end place like Nieman-Marcus! But that's just me.)

My dad needed thirty-two stitches in his forehead, and his cheekbone was fractured in three places. Two separate surgeries were required.

Here are pictures of the guy, courtesy of Walmart's security camera, as well as a portion of the police report. If anybody's ever seen this guy before, let me know, or call the LAPD Tip Line (see below), because we still don't know his name. Pass this along.














If the police don't find this guy, I'll string his ass up myself.

-- Chuck




"I know I don't look like the guy on the credit card. Just give me my purchase, anyway!"



Submit a Web Tip

Wanted As Of: 1/2/10

Robbery Name: UNKNOWNAli

Sex: Male

Age:

DOB:

Height:

Unknown Weight:

Unknown Hair:

Eyes: Unknown


Case: File #10-00027-09 INFORMATION WANTED - 211PC SUSPECT


On Saturday, 1/2/10, at approximately 5:40 a.m., at the 9000 block of Santa Monica Blvd. in West Hollywood, a victim was taking his morning walk when a suspect approached him from behind and struck the victim in the head with an unknown object. The victim lost consciousness, and when he woke up, his wallet containing his California driver`s license and a credit card had been stolen.


Later that same day, the suspect was seen at a Walmart in Panorama City using the victim`s stolen credit card. Additionally, the victim`s credit card was used at other locations throughout Panorama City before the victim was able to cancel his card.


If you can identify the above individual or have any additional information to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS (8477), text "TIPLA" and the message to 274637 or submit an anonymous webtip by clicking on the Submit a Webtip link located above.

No comments:

Post a Comment